The Java programming language tops as the most popular programming language and the demand for Java developers are at an all-time high. In this article, we will show you some reasons why offshore Java Developers are in high demand
Java developers are still very much in demand, even though the programming language was launched more than 20 years ago.
In the tech world, nothing stays still for long. However, Java which was introduced in 1995, remains tops the latest TIOBE Index as the most popular programming language. It’s a compiled language whose object code isn’t confined to any one processor or computer, making it an excellent choice for cross-platform applications, including web applications and server-side code. It is reasonable to assume that Java will continue to grow in popularity and offshore Java developers will see even more demand.
Exciting Career Opportunities With Java Programming
More than 20 years of Java and the success party continues. To all those who said that Java is slipping in popularity, job trends have responded saying ‘not yet’ Java continues to grow in popularity and usage and is believed to be the most reliable programming language in the developer community. The overall demand for tech talent is so high that the tech industry’s unemployment rate in the US is only 2.5 per cent and this figure isn’t much different all around the world.
What all of this means is that you’d have to try very, very hard to not find a job as a Java developer.
Offshore Java developers in high demand
Considering such massive popularity and the thousands of video tutorials, in-depth textbooks, online courses, and offline coding schools that offer free or affordable Java training to anyone willing to learn, you might jump to the conclusion that the market is oversaturated with Java developers desperate to find a job.
In fact, quite the opposite is true. The demand for offshore Java developers is at an all-time high and shows no signs of waning anytime soon.
The world’s no. 1 mobile platform relies on Java
Whether you like it or not, Android is the no. 1 mobile platform in the world. Android maintained its position as the leading mobile operating system worldwide in December 2019, controlling the mobile OS market with a 74.13% share
Applications are either written in Java or use Java API. With the increased demand for Android apps, the need for offshore Java developers has also increased. This is because Android apps are either written in Java or use Java API. And since Android applications are built with Java, this level of market share establishes this technology as a mainstay in mobile development.
Java is a classic of enterprise computing
Java has become a staple of software development for banks, governments, media companies, and tech giants. According to Oracle, the owner of Java, 97 per cent of enterprise desktops run Java. The fact that enterprises move forward at a glacial pace is only part of the reason explaining Java’s major staying power.
Most importantly, Java offers a wide range of libraries that solve most of the common problems that enterprise applications need to solve. In many cases, there are a few good options to choose from when addressing a particular issue. And more often than not, these options are free and open source under a business-friendly license. Google, IBM, Philips, Facebook, Netflix, Spotify, eBay, and Uber are just a few of the larger players that utilize Java.
Three Favorite Open Source Java Libraries
Java provides backwards compatibility
Some companies have dedicated effort to make sure that code written for one iteration of Java will run unchanged on newer ones. This consistency makes Java very compelling for developers and enterprises alike. No one wants to take code that works perfectly fine and rewrite it every time a new language version comes out.
Java developers have dedicated considerable time and effort to securing Java’s ability to consistently run across each new iteration. Code written for a particular version of Java will perform without hiccups across newer versions. This consistency allows Java to remain malleable for developers. The efficiency this allows developers to encourage investment support in the Java platform.
Java’s readability, speed, and performance are hard to beat
Internet users in the 21st century expect relevancy, real-time information and split-second results. Why is speed such a necessity? Consider this Twitter case study offered by GoJava.com. Twitter’s migration from Ruby on Rails to the JVM infrastructure made it possible to support the massive quantities of tweets it broadcasts each day.
According to Internet Live Stats, “Every second, on average, around 6,000 tweets are tweeted on Twitter which corresponds to over 350,000 tweets sent per minute, 400 million tweets per day and around 200 billion tweets per year.” Java Just-In-Time compiled code on modern Java Virtual Machine software allows Java to remain one of the fastest language combinations available.
E-commerce is a big deal
The ever-growing interest in e-commerce is one key driver of demand for offshore java developers. The other main driver for Java’s popularity is its use as a platform for other software tools. Web servers, application servers, databases, business process management tools and content management systems all run on Java. Even cloud technology is an area that Java developers are well-placed to exploit. Another is the continuing reliance of many firms on Java-based applications to automate internal processes.
Latest Trends in Java Programming Development
Besides, Java is widely used in the industry and is highly popular. Some of the different domains where Java is used widely are as follows:
- Financial services: First of all, the financial sector needs standards and stability. Java has been around for years, and its star never fades. Although the competition is getting stronger, and many other programming solutions can serve to build financial apps and platforms, Java is still considered the standard. Java Developers are always required by the financial services team anywhere on the planet. Java programming language is used in server-side applications in the financial industry. So, there are always demands for offshore java developers in this industry.
- Big Data: A great deal of Big Data systems is developed in Java or created to run on Java Virtual Machine (JVM). Hadoop MapReduce framework is written using Java. Hadoop MapReduce a software framework for easily writing applications – is written using Java. It processes vast amounts of data.
- Banking: To deal with transaction management. Java is the best for banking solutions. Banks and similar financial institutions lookout for Java developers as these professionals can deal with transaction management. Developers decide the programming language to develop applications. They use a high-performance programming language like Java to build a wide variety of mission-critical financial applications.
- Stock market: To write algorithms as to which company they should invest in. Those companies that are involved in the stock market need to write a program that stimulated an investor buying and selling shares. For this, investors need tools to display their portfolio and buy and sell stocks. Java programming language is the most reliable and standard language to write these algorithms as to which company the investors should invest in
- Retail: Billing applications that you see in a store or a restaurant are completely written in Java. When you go to a retail store, you often see the billing applications. Don’t be surprised to know that more and more retailers are opting for Java-based point-of-sale (POS) systems, replacing their age-old cash registers.
- Scientific and Research Community: To deal with huge amounts of data. Scientific and research community happens to deal with massive amounts of data. Therefore, most of the popular scientific software is written in Java. Thus, Java has become the most popular language in the academic and research community.
Supply vs Demand
The demand for skilled developers far outweighs the supply in most Western countries, so companies must find new ways to cater to their ever-growing developer needs. Most business owners are faced with two options: to source locally in an extremely competitive market or to outsource/offshore their development to other countries. More companies are starting to see offshoring as the most viable option because of the large number of developers available at lower rates than their local counterparts.
The popularity of Java among all other programming languages is the highest. The average salary for a Java Developer in the USA is around $102,000 with salaries for job postings nationwide being 77% higher than average salaries.
Innotech Vietnam always strives to meet the needs of customers with the highest quality products and services. So we have received the trust from big companies such as ACB, Tyme Bank, Unifimoney, Manulife, Commonwealth Bank, … to use products created by Innotech Vietnam.
If you are looking for an Offshore Software Development company to provide solutions for your company. Contact experts at Innotech Vietnam for any questions about Offshore Software!